Who can join?
NLB is the library for persons with print disabilities. Reasons for becoming a user at NLB may be:
- Impaired vision
- Dyslexia and other reading difficulties
- ADHD with impaired concentration
- Problems holding a book
- Speech impairments and cognitive challenges due to illness or injury
Confirmation by a professional
When you register, a professional must confirm that you have problems reading printed material. Those who can confirm are:
- Teacher (at primary/lower secondary or upper secondary school)
- Employee in the pedagogical-psychological service or speech therapist
- Doctor, nurse or occupational therapist
- Optician, ophthalmologist, teacher for the visually impaired and contact person for the visually impaired
- Other relevant professional
Blind and partially sighted persons registered with the Norwegian Blind Union do not require documentation.
Schools, public libraries and other institutions can register asusers. The purpose is to try out the services offered by NLB and help persons in the target groups to register as users.